Scientific Projects & Media
- Staged Revision Surgery for Failed Cavovarus Hindfoot Reconstruciton. Mark C. Drakos, MD; Austin Fragomen, MD. Grand Rounds from HSS: Management of Complex Cases. September 2015. Vol 6 Issue 1.
- World Cup Artificial Turf Battle: Is Grass Better? Eric Niiler http://news.discovery.com/earth/plants/world-cup-turf-battle-is-grass-better-150605.htm/. Posted on Jun 5, 2015. Consulted as medical expert.
- The Top 5 Achilles Tendonitis Treatment Tricks. http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/health/injury/tendonitis/achilles-tendonitis-treatment/. Posted on December 2014. Consulted as medical expert.
- Te’o ‘frustrated and devastated’ with foot injury. http://pro32.ap.org/article/teo-frustrated-and-devastated-foot-injury/ Posted on September 24, 2014. Consulted as medical expert.
- Medical expert: Dislocated ankle likely ends Robert Griffin III’s season. http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/dd8b1baf67130a1edc52e1868cb7f1ece5f42a54/r=26&c=26×26/local/-/media/USATODAY/staff/images/Gary-Mihoces.png. USA TODAY. Posted on September 15, 2014. Consulted as medical expert.
- Indy Doctors Say Injury Will End Mathis’ Season. http://bigstory.ap.org/article/indy-doctors-say-injury-will-end-mathis-season. Posted September 11, 2014. Consulted as medical expert.
- New York Super Doctors Rising Star. Orthopaedic Surgery. New York Times Magazine: November 24, 2013.
- Turf could save money, but at what cost? New artificial surfaces touted, but health effects are still being studied. http://www.thenews-messenger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013308280044&gcheck=1&nclick_check=1. Posted August 2013. Consulted as medical expert.
- Artificial Surfaces Evolve, but Safety Debate Persists. http://lowerextremityreview.com/article/artificial-surfaces-evolve-but-safety-debate-persists/. Posted May 2013. Consulted as medical expert.
- Are Turf Workouts an Injury Risk? Men’s Health News. http://news.menshealth.com/stay-off-the-turf/2013/05/08/. Posted on 5/8/13. Consulted as medical expert.
- New York Road Runners Q&A: What to Do For Aching Arches. http://www.nyrr.org/train-with-us/injury-prevention/ask-the-experts/qa-what-to-do-for-aching-arches. Posted on 9/22/12.
- Dr. Mark Drakos, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Answers Your Questions about Ankle & Foot Sports Injuries. http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/hospital-for-special-surgery/dr-mark-drakos-orthopaedic-surgeon-answers-your-questions-about-ankle-foot-sports/389077444446983/ Posted on 4/18/12.
- Most NBA players recover from meniscus tears. http://reuters_th.adam.com/content.aspx?productId=16&pid=16&gid=49478 Posted on 12/16/2011. Consulted as medical expert.
- Are There Risks to Playing Soccer on Infilled Artificial Turf? http://www.soccerturf.info/ Posted on March 2011.
- Ankle Sprains: Common Injury Can Cause Persistent Symptoms.
http://www.northshorelij.com/healthblog/ortho/ankle-sprains Posted on 3/3/11.
- Lateral Ankle Instability. Mark Drakos, MD, Christopher DiGiovanni, MD.http://www.orthopaedia.com/display/Main/Lateral+ankle+instability Posted on 12/2/10.
- Cadaver Legs Give New Insights Into Athletes’ Ligament Tears. Brian Mossop. http://www.wired.com/playbook/2010/11/cadaver-legs/all/1 Posted on 11/30/10.
Win the Sprain Game.Stephen Fried. Men’s Health.
http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/win-sprain-game Posted on 8/11/2010. Consulted as medical expert.
- Less ACL Strain Found with Natural Grass Shoe-Surface Combination. Mark Drakos, MD. http://www.medcompare.com/news.asp?newsid=307428&typeid=26/ Posted on 1/21/10.
- Cowboys Cast Wary Eye at the Alamodome Turf. Tom Osborn. San Antonio Express. http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/cowboys/Cowboys_cast_wary_eye_at_the_Alamodome_turf.html Posted 07/27/09. Consulted as medical expert.
- Hamstring Injuries. Patrick Birmingham, MD, Mark Drakos, MD. http://www.hss.edu/conditions_hamstring-injuries.asp Posted on 2/12/09.
- Artificial Turf: Does it Increase the Risk of Sports Injuries? An exploration of the effectiveness of cleats on artificial turf. Mark Drakos, MD. http://www.hss.edu/conditions_artificial-turf-sports-injury-prevention.asp Posted on 8/21/08. http://www.giants.com/news/special_features/story.asp?story_id=31148 Posted on 10/2/08.
- Discoid Meniscus, Iliotibial Band Syndrome. Answorth A. Allen, MD; Mark C. Drakos, BA. Pocket Sports Medicine. Software for PDA (Palm) Devices. Edited by David Drez, MD; Bernard Bach, MD. www.pocketmedicine.com. Copyright 2003.