We are pleased to let you know that HSS has resumed elective surgeries. To ensure your safety, all patients will need to meet certain criteria before any procedures.
Safety Is Our Priority
We have put many steps in place to ensure that all HSS locations remain safe. These include:
- restrictions and mandatory screening on all visitors
- extensive cleaning of all clinical areas after each patient visit
- reconfiguring all patient spaces with clear visual markers and removing or rearranging furniture to allow for social distancing
About Your Visit
- We have implemented several rounds of screening before patients arrive for their appointments. All patients who are having surgery are tested for COVID-19 before their procedure.
- At this time, visitors are limited to one (1) adult visitor for both adult inpatients and all pediatric patients. No visitors are permitted at adult outpatient visits. Virtual visitors are welcome and encouraged, and my staff can help you connect with them. See our visitor policy
- Patients, visitors and staff are required to wear surgical masks at all times.
- Procedures for pre- and postsurgical office visits, such as check-in and paperwork, have been streamlined for efficiency to limit the amount of time you’ll need to spend on site. My office staff will inform you of these procedures.
Learn more about safety procedures and what to expect at HSS.
HSS Virtual Care
A virtual visit is similar to an in-person office visit at HSS but can be done using your smartphone, computer or tablet. We can talk about your recovery or rehabilitation goals, review x-rays, test results, treatment plans or medications, as well as discuss your questions about your health and care.
You can reschedule an appointment or schedule a new visit using HSS Virtual Care. If you would like to make an appointment for a virtual visit, call my office directly at 212-606-1112 to ask about your options and insurance coverage. Learn more about HSS Virtual Care.
Feel Better At Home
Experts from across HSS have created a new digital resource with information about fitness and health at home, including stretches and exercises, videos, work-from-home tips, ideas for kids and more.
Visit Feel Better From Home
What HSS Is Doing to Help
For more on how to prepare for your appointment, what to expect when you arrive and safety procedures at HSS, view our safety videos and FAQs.