Pre Op Instructions
You should always refer to the surgical letter you were given for specific details as they relate to your situation specifically. The below is intended as an overview and does not supersede information given to you by the doctor.
- Please refrain from aspirin, aspirin based and fish oil products 7-10 days prior to your surgery. If you are on an aspirin, aspirin-based or other blood thinner regimen, you MUST check with your PCP/cardiologist before stopping this medication.
- You will not require antibiotics after surgery as you will be receiving them during the procedure.
- You will be placed on an anticoagulant for several weeks post-surgery. This is done as a precautionary measure against blood clot.
- Hospital staff will call you the business day prior to your surgery with your fasting instructions and arrival time. Please refer to your surgical letter for contact information.
- If you are interested in a hotel stay either prior to or after your surgery, please visit www.hss.edu/hotels.
- Hospital staff will contact you the day after your surgery to check in on you.